Underwater Compact Photo Workshop - Tufi
Now a professional and accomplished photojournalist, Christopher started taking underwater photos with a second-hand 2 megapixel Canon in 2005. After a steep learning curve, he has had his work published in numerous national and international magazines around the world. He has also shot pictures for brochures and promotional material for clients in the Red Sea, Eastern and Southern Africa, and South America. (You can see some of his images at www.bartlettimages.com and many of the images on this site are his.)
Now he would like to share his experience and skills with you, to help you get the most out of your camera on the excellent reefs and muck-diving sites of Tufi Dive Resort, Papua New Guinea.
The personalised programme includes:
· Equipment preparation and set-up
· Underwater guidance and subject finding
· Composition, lighting, no-flash photography, internal and external flash photography
· Buoyancy control and breathing
· Analysis and discussion of pictures taken
· Digital image photo processing (Picasa3, iPhoto, Photoshop)
· Only six participants per week
Using clear and simple explanations, in a relaxed atmosphere and a magical location, Christopher will help you take magazine-quality pictures. Spread over four and a half-days from Wednesday to Sunday (departing Tufi for Brisbane Monday morning) you can either take this as an extended weekend break or as part of a longer stay at the resort, combining it with more diving, outrigger safaris, walks, or bird watching.
Tufi is an excellent location for this course for many reasons:
· Abundant corals and sponges (hard and soft) and fish life on the outer reefs for morning dives, with lacy scorpionfish and pygmy seahorses amongst the smaller stars.
· Diversity of subjects suitable for compact cameras (corals, fish, crustaceans, nudibranchs, etc.)
· A superb, shallow muck-diving site next to the wharf for afternoon and night dives – covered in critters including the elusive mandarinfish!
· Only one boat on the dive site
· Visibility and sunlight
Courses run May 2 – 6, and May 9 -13
Cost – Five nights full-board in a deluxe double room (two sharing), eight morning dives on the outer reefs, four afternoon muck dives, one night dive, and course fees – 1850 USD. Additional nights 180 USD pp or enquire about our outrigger safaris and village guesthouse stays. Contact us for flight costs.
With dive show special offer get two extra nights free
- Add on diving: 2 day's diving with two morning double-tank dives and one afternoon house reef dive per day for 300 USD
- Add on 2 nights in Kofure guesthouse for 160 USD per person
- Add on 2 nights in Komoa guesthouse from 190 USD pp two sharing
- Add on two more nights at the resort in a deluxe room for 360 USD pp
Course plus two free nights with free canoeing / relaxing days 6 and 7 = 1850 USD pp
a. diving instead of canoeing on days 6 and 7 = 2150 USD pp (7 nights total)
b. two nights in a village guesthouse = 2010 USD pp (9 nights)
c. diving days 6 and 7 plus 2 village guesthouse nights = 2310 USD pp (9 nights)
d. diving days 6, 7, 8, 9 = 2810 USD pp (9 nights)
e. four nights in two village guesthouses = 2010 USD pp (11 nights)
f. diving days 6 and 7 plus 4 village guesthouse nights = 2500 USD pp (11 nights)
g. diving days 6, 7, 8, 9 plus 2 village guesthouse nights = 2970 USD pp (11 nights )
All prices for full-board accommodation, excluding drinks, flights, equipment hire and conservation and safety levy of 6 USD per person per dive day.
Return airfares between Port Moresby and Tufi from 350 USD.